- Opportunity to work in an innovative and dynamic environment
- Support to engage in professional development
- Generous salary packaging options
- Specialised Residential Care (SRC): (Cert IV) North/ West locations.
- Supported Independent Living (SIL): (Cert III) Murray Bridge and Gawler
- Individualised Support (IS): - one to one in home care support (Cert III) Metropolitan / Regional
- Day Options(DO): – (Cert III) Regency Park
Novita Client Services operates as a division of Novita Children’s Services, meeting the needs of children, adolescents and adults, with disability, social disadvantage or other additional needs. Novita provides individualised support, supported independent living, specialised residential care, and community engagement activities across various locations in South Australia.
As a Disability Support Worker working within Community Programs or Community Living you will contribute to the planning and provision of a responsive client and family-centred service. Be an active member of our service in these hands-on roles and use your knowledge and experience working with people with physical and intellectual disabilities to promote independent living skills, community participation and relationship building in a safe environment.
For more details on each of the programs, click below to learn more:
Supported Independent Living (SIL)
Individualised Support (IS)
Day Options (DO)
As a team player who enjoys communicating with a variety of people, you will utilise your initiative and self-motivation whilst demonstrating your client-centred approach to service delivery. Flexibility and availability is essential in these roles.
To be successful in this role you will have the following skills and attributes:
- Clear and effective communication skills
- Ability to establish rapport with children, young people, adults and their families
- Attention to detail and accuracy in record management and maintenance
- Commitment to providing a professional, safe and secure learning opportunity for children, young people and adults to effectively progress
- Flexibility to work over a 7-day roster and the availability to work overnight shifts or attend any training or meetings as required
- Be passionate, positive and understanding with experience in providing supportive accommodation environment.
- Work to best practise WH&S standards.
- Hold a Certificate III or IV in Disability, Community Services, Youth Work, Community Welfare, Mental Health or equivalent
- Hold a current First Aid Certificate
- DCSI Child-Related Employment Screening
Novita is a child safe organisation and requires the successful applicant to complete pre-employment checks including a DCSI Child-Related Employment Screening. All Novita employees are also required to undertake mandatory training relevant to their role.
Psychometric testing is also a requirement for successful applicants entering roles in Specialised Residential Care; working with children and young people under the Guardianship of the Minister.
Please note this position will be paid in accordance with the Social, Community Home Care and Disability Services Industry Award 2010.
For further information please contact the following:
Specialised Residential Care (SRC) & Supported Independent Living (SIL) roles:
Abi Cook, Manager Community Living
P: 08 82438222
Individualised Support (IS) & Day Options(DO) roles:
Jo Bell, Manager Community Programs
P: 08 82438324
Novita values diversity in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer