- Looking for flexibility and variety in your work location?
- Have a passion for supporting and developing the skills of others?
- Be an active advocate for others in the community
Community Inclusion operates as a division of Novita, meeting the needs of children, adolescents and adults, with disability, social disadvantage or other additional needs. Novita Community Inclusion provides individual support, supported accommodation, specialised residential care, school readiness and recreational activities across various locations in South Australia.
As a Community Inclusion Support Worker you will contribute to the provision of a responsive client and family-centred service. Be an active member of our Individualised Support service in this hands-on role and use your knowledge and experience working with people with disabilities to promote independent living skills, community participation and relationship building. We are seeking individuals with a passion for providing support services within a variety of settings including in home and community based activity.
We are seeking to expand our Individualised Support program and invite people to apply from all different areas of Adelaide Metro area as well as regional areas. Most of the shifts range from 2-3 hours and can go as high as 6 hours depending on the needs of the client across 7 days.
To be successful in this role you will have the following skills and attributes:
- Proven ability to work autonomously
- Clear and effective communication skills
- Demonstrated experience supporting individuals & their families within the community and other activity
- Ability to establish rapport with children or young people and their families
- Attention to detail and accuracy in record management and maintenance
- Be passionate, positive and understanding with experience in providing supportive accommodation environment.
- Hold a Certificate III in Community Services (Youth Work, Community Welfare, Disabilities or equivalent)
- Willingness to work within a variety of communities and locations
Total remuneration package range applies as per the Social, Community, Home Care & Disability Services Industry Award 2010. Enjoy salary packaging up to $15,900 of your salary, increasing your take-home pay by approximately $5,000. Further salary-packaging benefits available include meal and entertainment expenses, accommodation and venue hire, private novated leasing and additional superannuation contributions
Novita is a child safe organisation and requires the successful applicant to complete pre-employment checks including a DCSI Child-Related Employment Screening. All Novita employees are also required to undertake mandatory training relevant to their role.
Make a difference!
This is a great opportunity for an Individualised Support Worker! If you are passionate and possess Novita's ICARE values then we would like to hear from you! Please attach a resume with a combined covering letter. For further information please contact Tamara Taylor, Team Leader, Individualised Support on 8243 8243